Porcelain Veneers Wahroonga NSW
Would you like to transform the entire appearance of your smile with a single cosmetic dental treatment? If so, veneers may be the ideal solution for you…
Porcelain veneers are a great cosmetic dental treatment that can transform the entire appearance of your smile. Often considered the gold standard in cosmetic dental treatment, veneers can be used to visibly erase many of the unwanted characteristics of a less than perfect smile.
Are you concerned about…?
- Chipped, cracked or crooked teeth
- Teeth that are too short or too long
- Misalignments or gaps
The benefits of veneers:
Customised to you
Custom-designed veneers can mask the appearance of aesthetic concerns whilst potentially crafting the beautiful proportions of your ideal smile. Each porcelain slip is custom designed and made to suit the unique proportions of your smile.
Colour-matched to the exact shade and translucency of your natural tooth enamel, these incredibly strong and incredibly slim veneers are bonded to the visible surfaces of your teeth to create natural-looking beautiful results.
Strong and enduring
With good care these stain resistant veneers should last for more than a decade. The make-up of the porcelain used to make the veneers allow for strong resistance to staining and chipping, meaning that you can retain the shape and colour of your veneers for many years.
Receiving dental veneers
There are a number of steps involved in receiving dental veneers. This process includes:
- Identification of suitable candidacy and planning: During your initial consultation we will assess your dental condition and discuss with you the options that exist to treat your particular cosmetic dental concerns. Once we have identified that veneers would be a suitable option for you we will tailor a treatment plan to address your particular dental concerns. This may also involve an x-ray as well as taking impressions of your teeth to custom make your veneer. Once the measurements have been taken we can begin to create your veneer.
- Preparation: In order to accommodate for your veneers our dental professionals will remove around half a millimetre of the tooth to ‘make room’ for your new veneer. After administrating the suitable anaesthetic, we will shape the enamel.
- Bonding: After placing the veneer on your tooth our dental professionals will adjust the porcelain slip to ensure that it is correctly placed before we bond the veneer to your tooth. A specialised dental cement will be used to safely and effectively join the tooth and the veneer together. Once the restoration has been placed we will polish the area to ensure that it feels much like your natural tooth.